Here in Milwaukee, it’s a balmy 74 degrees as I write this. I’ve got the blinds up to let in the afternoon sun and my dogs Odin and Haggis are attempting to harass a squirrel through my studio window, mostly by creating slightly-above-average nose art on our windows.
It’s been nearly two months since I dropped a line, and during that time I’ve put an insane amount of miles on the old tourmobile, hitting up cities throughout the Midwest and South. Just a few of the highlights have included a full-band performance for a great crowd at Jazz in the Park in Milwaukee (see pics above and to the left), a sold-out show in Ames, IA with my good friends at the Alexander Recording Kompany, my debut in Nashville, and a fun house concert in Oskaloosa, IA (more pics below).
A couple of fall notes:
1) I know it’s crazy to think about, but the holiday season is only a few short weeks away. Which means if you’re in charge of the annual holiday party for your workplace or family get-together, now is the time to book your live music (psst – I know a gal. Has keyboard. Will travel). Holiday weekends are filling up fast, so drop a line and I’ll save you from having to listen to Uncle Rob’s off-key renditions of inappropriate Christmas carols.
2) We’ve added a few more public performance dates to the tour calendar. In addition to my Fall/Winter residency at the downtown Hilton Milwaukee, I’ll be swinging through Kentucky, Tennessee and Iowa. Public dates for the next month are currently as follows:
- 10/14 at the Monarch Lounge in the Hilton Milwaukee
- 10/18 at the Monarch Lounge in the Hilton Milwaukee
- 10/21 at the Commonwealth Tap in Louisville, KY
- 10/23 on the WDVX Blue Plate Special Show in Knoxville, TN
- 11/01 at the Monarch Lounge in the Hilton Milwaukee
- 11/03 at Captain Roy’s in Des Moines, IA
- 11/04 at the Peace Tree Taproom in Grinnell, IA
All of these performances are free to attend. Please check roxicopland.com/tour for complete details.
Ooh, by the way: if you’re one of those sorts who likes to get an early start on their holiday shopping, I know a few copies of Bad Decision (in both CD and vinyl formats) who would love to go home with you today. Or, if you’d like to gift them to a music lover on your list, you can snag ’em here.
love and all things pumpkin,
PS -as always, I have a couple pics from the road for you: